Small Business Learning Sessions
Sessions are provided by The Business Link of Alberta, a member of the Canada Business Network.
For more information on the Small Business Learning Sessions please go towww.townprovost.ca/eeoc.
The Provost Economic Development Committee provides the following services and programs to the residents of The Provost Region as a public service.
- Referral to Federal, Provincial and other Economic Development Resources
- Local Market Information
- Best Practices Business Research
- Assistance with Business Permits and Licenses using the BizPaL program
- Assistance with Business Planning
- Identifying financing opportunities for new and expanding business
The Entrepreneur Development Program was launched in January of 2011 with the focus of developing entrepreneurs and innovators within The Provost Region and attracting existing entrepreneurs and innovators to the area. There are several components to the program:
- Telling Local Success Stories
- Engaging with local partners to identify possible innovators and entrepreneurs
- Developing an Innovators and Entrepreneurs Information Package
- Establishing (PIECE) Provost Innovators and Entrepreneurs Club for Everyone
- Creating an Entrepreneur’s Nook at the Town of Provost Library
- Working with home based business owners to hold a Business Expo
- Organizing “The Dreams Create The Future Evening” to inspire local residents
In May of 2011, the Economic Development Committee, in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce and over 40 local businesses conducted a Community Survey. The results are listed here. (Please link back to results on main page)
The Provost Economic Development Committee up until 2015 had contracted the Provost & District Museum Society to operate a Visitor Information Centre. Starting May long weekend and running to September long weekend, the previous Visitor Information Centre which is located at the Teepee located on 57 Ave and just off Highway 13 will be up and running again.
If you have any questions about Provost Economic Development,
contact the Economic Development Officer, Gary Duffett, at 780-753-2261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org