Water and Sewer Service Lines
Did you know?
The Town of Provost has partnered with Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC), an independent company, to offer eligible homeowners optional repair plans to help protect residents against potentially expensive emergency repairs to water service lines or well and sewer/septic lines on their private property.
Participation is optional and voluntary for homeowners. The program is solely managed by SLWC and uses no public funds. Residents will not be solicited in person or by phone. A homeowner who chooses to enroll in this program should do so with the knowledge that the Town of Provost in no way warrants or is liable for the work or performance of SLWC.
Residents who choose to sign up for a plan have access to these benefits:
- A repair hotline available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Pay $0 for covered repairs up to a benefit amount
- Repairs performed by an insured and licensed plumber
- One-year guarantee on covered repairs
Plans Available in the Town of Provost:
- Exterior Water Service Line coverage – $7.00 per month + any applicable taxes
- Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage – $9.00 per month + any applicable taxes
- Interior Plumbing and Drainage Coverage – $9.00 per month + any applicable taxes
For more Information
- Click here: SLWC PLANS (or) visit www.slwofc.ca
- Toll-free phone number: 1-844-616-8444
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Who is SLWC?
SLWC is an independent company, separate from your local utility or community. SLWC Plans are available in over 70 municipalities across Canada.
Why did Provost partner with SLWC?
There are several benefits the voluntary SLWC program brings to Provost and its residents, including:
Educating residential property owners about their responsibilities for the maintenance, repair and replacement of water service and sewer lines (portion from their homes to the property line) – at no cost to the Town of Provost.
Assuring the Town of Provost that all repairs are performed to code and that all appropriate permitting is pulled.
- Reducing expense to property owners and the Town of Provost because the service plans encourage residents to report exterior water service and sewer/septic leaks in a timely manner. Timely exterior water service line repairs conserve water and reduce water loss for the Town. Timely sewer/septic line repairs also minimize wastewater pollution, helping the environment.
Resulting in fewer calls and involvement of Town of Provost personnel regarding infrastructure that is the responsibility of property owners saves overall taxpayers money.