Community Spirit is strong in Provost.
The Town and Municipal District of Provost are home to an extensive range of community organizations that provide leisure, social activities, support, or services.
- Community Service Agencies
- LibraryService & Social Clubs
These listings are made possible through the collaborative efforts between the United Neighbourhood Connections Group, Provost Economic Development Committee, and Provost & District Family & Community Support Services.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AGENCIES
Provost & District Family and Community Support Services
Serving to build a stronger community
PDFCSS Mission Statement
Provost & District Family and Community Support Services’ mission is to build a stronger community by promoting personal and family development. Community needs are addressed by providing, administrating, or assisting program services.
We Are Stronger Together
Town and MD of Provost
Provincial Bldg Box 758 5419-44st. Provost, AB
Phone: (780) 753-2289
Healthy Families- Home Visitation is a voluntary in-home service offered to parents and parents-to-be (prenatal to 6 years of age). Home Visitation Facilitators support parents to be the best they can be through building parental self-confidence and strengthing the foundations of family.
Our primary focus is:
- To build foundations for strong family functioning
- Fostering the growth of secure attachment relationships and developmentally enriched, empathic parenting.
- To promote healthy childhood growth and development
- Support for prenatal care and its role in a healthy pregnancy
- Support families to reduce their stress and build protective buffers for their children
Our approach is family-centered and strength based, we work in partnership with families and tailor services to best meet their needs. Our enhanced home visitation also supports engagement with siblings within the home up to age 13.