Provost Public School strives for an inclusive learning environment that values a safe and caring space for students to learn. We believe that students need a strong foundation in numeracy and literacy. At PPS, a Writers’ Workshop methodology is implemented from K-9. In addition, Guided Reading is implemented at the elementary level, Readers’ Workshop is offered in grades 5-7, and Phonics Workshops are supported in K-2 classrooms. A similar approach to numeracy instruction has also begun in our elementary classrooms. These approaches allow for differentiation so we can meet students where they are at in their learning progression.
Outside of academic programming, we also value our sports and extra-curricular opportunities. Students have opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities such as volleyball, basketball, badminton, cross-country running, curling, golf, card making, and drama productions.
Junior Kindergarten- Grade 12
4403 52 Ave Provost, AB T0B3S0
- A safe and caring learning environment
- School Counselor
- Decreased stress from transitions as student’s progress from Kindergarten to Grade 12
- The creation of a family environment amongst the students from ECS to Grade 12
- Strong focus on academic achievement
- A variety of extra-curricular activities
- Breakfast Program